Saturday, August 3, 2013

Summertime, and the Livin' is Easy

It is so hard to believe it is already August! I look back on the summer and wonder where time has gone. Moments really do seem fleeting.
I have had a summer of blessings and thankfulness. I am blessed more than I have words to say. I would like to recap my summer by sharing photos and a few words. As I said in my first post, blogging is always something that has been hard for me to maintain. I start off with a bang and then forget to continue. I hope that doesn't happen this time.

Blessing #1: Kevin
This summer is the first summer I have spent with Kevin and I certainly don't believe it will be my last. We have spent time on trips together, we have spent time on the couch and in the stands watching baseball together, we have spent time on my back porch just enjoying each other's company.  It truly is miraculous that he has come into my life so quickly and has become my best friend! The pictures below are pretty self explanatory.









Blessing #2: Family
I have had the wonderful opportunity to spend a lot of time with family this summer.  I spent a week with family on our family reunion in Emerald Isle, NC. I have spent time with family around multiple dinner tables for various celebrations (birthday's, father's day, etc.). I am currently in the NC mountains with my grandmother (my mother's mother) and my aunt (my mom's sister) for a 50th wedding anniversary party for my mom's cousin and his wife. I have come to the conclusion that time spent with family should never be taken for granted and have decided nothing is ever too important to pass up the opportunity. Time is precious, and limited! These pictures are memories I've captured throughout the summer of various family members I have spent time with.

















Blessing #3: Mother Nature
I have seen and photographed a lot of nature.  I have witnessed a lot of pretty flowers, sunsets, scenery, and atmospheres.  Pictures, most of the time, don't do the actual experience justice, but these are a few of my favorites.
















Blessing #4: My Pets
As some of you may, or may not, know.  I am the proud mother of two cats and two dogs. "WHOA!" you might think. Well, all four of my pets are very well behaved and love each other. I believe this is the ONLY thing that makes it tolerable. If they fought all the time and were out of control, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Here are a few of my favorites from the summer thus far.













Blessing #5: My Ability and My Enjoyment of Sewing
I have several projects I have been working on this summer, most of them revolve around my coworker having her baby, but I have enjoyed the stress relief I get from sewing and the reward I get from completing a project. Here are a few of the projects I've completed.







Blessing #5: The City I Live In
Durham, North Carolina has a reputation for crime and poverty, but I have found, in the 5 years I have lived here that I enjoy it a lot. In fact, I don't think I'd live anywhere else at this point in my life. Excuse the baseball pictures, but this is my favorite thing to do during the summer time in North Carolina. The second picture is the last picture I have of my favorite baseball player as a Durham Bull, before he got the call to their major league affiliate, the Tampa Bay Rays.



Blessing #6: Kevin's Parents
Even more a surprise than Kevin being as large a part of my life as he is in the time we've been dating, is his parents taking such an interest in accepting me into their home. His mom has taken the time to get to know my likes and dislikes, asks how I'm doing, loves me, and has essentially accepted me as part of the family. The pictures below shows how much she helped me with an upgrade in patio furniture. The brought me a new to me patio set! So sweet! 




I am blessed in so many more ways, but those 6 things take the cake for this summer!  Thanks for letting me share!  
What have you been up to this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment